Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hate mail

Well my post about my lack of patriotism sure brought out the haters. I will not post their hate because they like to see themselves in print. I never mentioned anything about religion in the post but I guess the haters assume that lack of faith goes along with lack of patriotism. They were right in my case but it is still faulty logic. And I am not a communist or marxist either which was assumed by them as well. Why are the people that spend the most time trying to convince the world that they are the righteous also the most hate filled. Is the hate taught in their religion? I don't think so. Is it because they question their own faith and someone openly saying that they have no faith makes it harder for them to accept their faith? Personally I don't give a rats ass what religious beliefs anybody holds as long as they leave me to my personal choice also. I am not preaching against anyone. My anti patriotic feelings come from historical perspectives that clearly demonstrate the dangers of blind patriotism. "My country right or wrong" is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Then there is the "you are disrespecting the brave soldiers who sacrificed their lives for my freedom" thrown in there too. Excuse me but where is my freedom to not have any religion or patriotic feelings? I am not disrespecting any soldiers even though I have disagreed with the wars that they died in. The soldiers did not start the wars. They are victims of wars. The war to end all wars won't happen until the world is entirely blown to bits. War is inevitable and patriotic feelings contribute to the desire for war. Live and let live. Diversity is a good thing, celebrate it.

1 comment:

  1. When you travel, then all kinds of truth become self evident (at least to me). I find that folks that have not attempted to grow (since college) and pretty much think the same things they did since they were early adults, have little relevant to contribute to my dialog about what I learned while traveling. They are "Out of their element" and it's best just to ignore, talk down, or see their predicament for what it is, regardless of if they are interested in what I have to say or not. I went there, I learned, I made the effort, they have opinions, while having never attempted same, themselves.

    ReplyDelete