Saturday, July 28, 2012

I just got my bike back from the shop. It was in getting a major service including new chain and new rear cassette along with replacing all the cables and clean and lube all the bearings. I went two weeks without the bike which had me jonesing for a long bike ride. After I picked it up I rode along the San Francisco Bay Trail that circles the bay. It was a beautiful cool sunny day for a ride along the bay. I would have liked to ride the entire 200 miles plus or minus a few miles. I will not be posting very often until next April when I plan to leave San Francisco and head up to Seattle WA then turn right and go across the northern tier to Bar Harbor Maine then turn right and ride down to Norfolk Virginia to complete my circumnavigation of the states. Meanwhile you can read from the archives if you still have not read all my posts. There are posts talking about my African adventures and my European and Central and South American journeys also. The most popular posts are Calabar which is the very earliest post followed by First Opium Den then P.O.W. which was posted on May 20 2010. All the bike ride posts get a lot of hits as well. Enjoy and I will post a few things here and there if there is something interesting. Thanks for reading. PURAVIDA

No comments:

Post a Comment