Saturday, December 1, 2012

Check in

I am just checking in to let you know I am still active. I am living in Bakersfield waiting for spring when I plan to finish my ride around the country. I am trying to get about 40 miles a day in riding around Bakersfield but the wet weather we are having is cutting into the days available to ride. Since I plan on heading up to Seattle in the spring I really should get out in the rain here because there is no way I won't hit considerable wet weather going up the West coast in March or April. The reason I don't ride in the rain around here is really just that it is too dangerous. My health has gone steadily down since I finished the first part of my ride. It seems to me that I not only love to ride but that I also need to ride in order to stay healthy. On my rides I generally have low pain levels. The high heat helped since I was crossing the Southern states but also just the daily work outs help keep my pain at bay. I can't explain why I just know that if I sit around I lose because my pain levels just get worse by the day. My pain can sky rocket to unbearable levels and then my brain sinks down into dangerous depression. There is a direct relationship. It is like a switch gets flipped when my pain starts increasing and then my brain just melts. I hate it. Which is why I ride so relentlessly. When I finish my ride around the country I will likely not stop riding but will just pick a new destination like maybe Ushuaia Argentina or someplace crazy like that. I will try to update a couple more times before I leave on my ride in the spring. Until Spring then, see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment