Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Machu Picchu to Ecuador











I helped my young girlfriend as much as I could with her sunburn but there really wasn't much I could do for her. I carried her stuff to the train station the next morning and we rode back to Cuzco together. She was whimpering most of the way. Everybody felt sorry for her. She wanted to sit there with no clothes touching her sunburn but she had to wear something so she put on another spaghetti strap top and let the straps hand off her shoulders.

We made it back t Cuzco and I took her to her family she was staying with. I left her there and told her I hoped she felt better soon. They were very concerned about her and I know she got good care from them.

I hung out in town until it was time for me to leave for Ecuador. I went out and had some fun but mostly I was tired and sore from all the traveling and I ended up in my hotel room more than I wanted to be. My guide finally came and got me to take me to the airport for the flight to Ecuador. My two weeks in Peru had flown by too quickly. I should have allowed more time for the trip.

The flight was long. First I flew back to Lima and then from Lima to Quito Ecuador. I got some good views of the Andes mountains as we flew over them. There sure are a lot of mountain peaks and volcanoes in the range. I kept thinking about the plane crash where the survivors ate each other to stay alive. I can see that because the amount of uninhabited space below us in these mountains was immense. There were some very isolated hard to get to places we flew over. Way up high in my plane I was comfortable and warm. I was just hoping the plane made it to my destination safely. It did.

I landed in Quito and was met by my new guide for Ecuador. We waked out to the car and went on a quick driving tour of Quito and then to my hotel. The long travel day beat me up and I needed to go take some meds and rest in my hotel for a bit in order to recover. The next day would be more touring with my guide around Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment