Saturday, May 22, 2010

More background on me

I received some feedback asking about who I am and why I ended up on the road for so long so here is some information about that.

I grew up in Southern Wisconsin, third oldest out of eleven kids in an Irish American Catholic family. My experiences and memories of my years growing up are mostly negative. As a young boy, my older brother tortured me constantly. His favorite method was to hit me on my shoulder with his knuckles giving his sharp punches a little twist at the end so that they would leave better bruises. My parents never protected me from his cruelty and in fact laughed about it most of the time. He picked on my other siblings once in a while but he always picked on me. Our family was not exactly rich and I started working at about ten years of age doing a paper route, baby sitting and doing odd jobs. I bought my own clothes and things from that point on and usually gave my mom money to help buy food until I finally left the house at eighteen. I worked on farms and worked at a pet store as a clerk and poodle groomer all through high school and made very good money that entire time.

I was always the black sheep of the family. My father never got along with me and often beat me severely. He never did this to any of my other siblings only to me. He still to this day does nothing but harass me every time he sees me. He can no longer beat me since he is 92 but he still can hurt with his incredibly mean words. I try to avoid him as much as possible. My mom is nicer to me but she has never done anything to protect me from either my older brother or my father. The rest of my siblings are mostly not aware of these problems I had growing up in the family house. I protected them from my older brother as much as I could but they are unaware of that and do not understand my problems I have with our parents and they resent my rejection of my parents now that I am an adult. I no longer take abuse from my father and that involved many years of just not having any contact with him or most of the family for many years. So I had some motive to leave the family home and left as soon as I was able.

I got good grades for the most part in school through high school. In grade school at the local Catholic school I was expelled a number of times mostly just for speaking my mind and each time I was suspended my father beat the crap out of me. I rejected the Catholic religion early on in life and it caused me relentless grief at the Catholic school and with my family. My teachers were mostly nuns and they disliked that I did not follow their religion. I got kicked out the last time for writing a paper that compared the Catholic religion to the Iroquois Indians religious beliefs. About twenty minutes after I turned in that paper the parish priest came flying into my classroom and dragged me out of the class by my ear bad mouthing me all the way to the office where all the nuns were sitting around reading my blasphemous idea that there was a similarity of their religion to pagan Indians. That was the last time my dad beat me though because I fought back this time when he started hitting me. He could hit a defenseless little boy but not one that fought back.

As soon as I was old enough, I spent most of my time away from the family house so that I was out of reach of my brother and father. I wandered the town and hung out on the streets or rode my bike around. I swam at our local swimming hole in the hot humid Wisconsin summers. I remember catching a giant catfish at the same abandoned sand pit pond when I was around eleven. It was a giant fish and I landed it after a long battle that involved my swimming around the edges of the pit because my line was not very long but I finally wrestled it to the edge and was able to grab it and drag it ashore. I landed the fish right in front of two older girls who were sunbathing naked and drinking some wine. They had me drag the big fish over to show it to them. I was very excited about the big fish and then here were two beautiful naked girls in front of me for the first time in my life which also excited me in a different kind of way than the fish did. The girls noticed my bulge and started to fondle me and offer me wine. I wanted to be cool so I took a hit off the wine and when I did the girls put their hands up my shorts. I was in shock. I was totally not prepared for this. They invited me to join them but I kind of panicked and I dragged my fish off and left the girls behind. I thought about that day often over the next few years both the big fish and the naked girls and I resolved not to let the next naked girl opportunity slip from my grasp.

That opportunity came up at Devil's Lake where the entire family was vacationing. I was thirteen and sitting off by myself in just my swim suit. A 55 Chevy pulled up to me and asked me if I wanted to go for a ride. I looked inside and there was a boy and a girl in the back seat and a lone girl in the front seat inviting me to join her. I did. We drove off a few blocks into a quiet empty campsite and she turned off the car. I heard some noises from the back seat and turned around to see the couple going at it and taking their clothes off. The driver slid over and sat on my lap facing me and pulled my trunks down. She fondled me and then took off her panties and sat on me. This was my first time ever and it didn't take very long. She got mad when I popped and I got kind of scared so I jumped out of the car and walked back to our campsite alone. I liked how I felt even though I also felt kind of stupid for walking away.

After that taste I chased girls relentlessly throughout my teen years. I preferred to find girls that did not already know me and I found them mostly outside of our home town. I like traveling out of town and finding girls that I would take and play with out in fields or parks or any place we could find some privacy. I think my love of leaving town to find these encounters influenced me strongly to just leave town for good once I was old enough.

I left home right after high school and moved to Madison to go to college. A couple of months later when I walked out of the library after writing a paper for my English class I was attacked and beat up by a group of police involved in an anti Viet Nam War riot. I was not an activist at the time but after getting beat up and thrown in jail for three days then fined $75 for not having proper student Id with me I quickly became a radical activist. I went back to my parents house to visit about a week later and when I walked in the house my dad rushed at me like he was going to hit me. I stood still and watched him coming at me and resolved that if he hit me I was going to take him down right then and there. He chickened out at the last second and did not touch me but instead started his usual badmouthing of me in an especially hurtful way. I just turned away from him and walked away. I picked up a few things and left the house and the town by just hitch hiking out to the interstate and heading south. I got a ride almost right away that took me all the way to Kansas City. I was on the road and stayed there for the next eight or nine years.

I started out going to Southern California to visit a friend I had there. It took me two days to get there and I had several pleasant sexual encounters on the way. I ended up living and working in Southern California until I had enough money to buy a ticket to Europe. I hitch hiked over to the East coast and stopped off in Boston. I worked for a few more months in Boston as a meat cutter to fatten up my bank account. I lived with a girl I met hitch hiking into town. I had some crazy experiences in Boston. My first orgy happened in Cambridge one night at a party. The sexual revolution was just starting to take off. At a party with about two hundred people in attendance, a couple of girls started to strip erotically on the dance floor and the next thing there were two hundred naked writhing bodies all over the floors and chairs and beds in the house where the party was. I woke up the next morning in bed with two girls that I did not recognize but who clearly remembered me from the night before. I decided that I liked this new sexual revolution and embraced it enthusiastically for many years after that. Next, I flew over to Scotland to start my road trip. I was enjoying my traveling and wanted more.

No comments:

Post a Comment