Saturday, July 24, 2010

Gone fishing today

I went fishing today so I did not blog but I just have to mention my fishing experience. I went rock fishing at the Farallone Islands about 26 miles west of San Francisco. The fishing was great and I limited out early. Then as I was resting between fish a thirty ton whale rammed our boat. It lifted our forty ton boat a few feet up into the air and caused a lot of damage to the screws and rudder and knocked one engine out of operation because it was vibrating so badly. We were able to limp back into port but it took us six hours to do it on just one engine. What a weird day is all I can say. I am tired from a very long day but I just fried up some sea trout for dinner and it was delicious. Enjoy life while you can.

2 comments:

  1. I HAD some of that fish and it was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have some of the whale or some of the Rockfish? Just kidding because we never actually saw the whale before or after the collision, we merely felt it hit us.

    ReplyDelete