Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sydney to Surfers Paradise




Our test marketing of our bikini designs went so well that we went into business full time making bikinis. We bought lots of materials and started to build up some stock so that when we went back to Surfers Paradise we could start a business.

Kirsten was going to college at the time and she started to date one of her professors. She ended up moving out of my house and in with him. She wasn't being very open or communicative with me about her feelings or intentions. I believe in allowing people to do as they want so when she suddenly moved out I did not try to stop her. I still have never heard from her about what she was going through at the time. We have lost contact now. I would still like to hookup with her today. We were best friends for years and then she just disappeared from my life. I thought it was a bit strange at the time and am still curious. She then filed for divorce and refused to talk with me about anything. She told me she had burned all my pictures from our time together. I loved my pictures and the memories they always brought back to me. I must admit, I miss the photos. That was a mean spirited way to end a relationship in my opinion.

I moved on with my life. Sue and I started to spend more time together. We were still having lots of group sex and dating others but her and I were ending up together more and more. Then we started working together in the bikini business.

I quit my job selling cameras in Sydney and Sue and I moved down to Queensland to sell our bikinis. We found a place to stay that was awesome. We rented a three bedroom house in Tugun from the Catholic church that was on the top of a hill overlooking about ten miles of coastline for less than fifty dollars a month. The only thing about it was we had to vacate the house for two weeks a year so that the church could use it for their annual vacation for their priests. It was a great deal for us. We ended up renting out some rooms and made a tidy profit on our rental situation.

Our plan was to open a store front to sell our bikinis from but we needed cash right away so we started to sell our suits at a little outdoor market near the beach. I built a little stall with a table to display our stock and added a little changing room so that the girls could try on the suits. I had a full length mirror and a roof to make some shade for us while we worked.

Our specialty quickly became custom designed bikinis that were made to order for whatever shape your body was. After a couple of weeks of custom fitting girls I could just glance at a girl and know what size she needed. Girls could just outline on their bodies how they wanted the suit to fit and I could write out a design that would fit them perfectly. They could pick out colors or designs from our selection or they could help design their own colors. Some girls bought one suit and then came back the next day and ordered a dozen suits. Our business was booming. We were making a lot of money. I sold them and designed them and Sue manufactured them. I had to hire a few people to help us out because we could not make them fast enough. It was a lot of work but it was quickly paying off. I gave up the idea of a store because we were doing so well out on the street like this.

We started to make smaller and smaller bikinis. The smaller we made them the more we charged for them and the quicker they sold. I finally made one that was just a tiny triangle in the front that wrapped between the legs and was just a string in the back. We sold it with no top and called it "The Sandtrap". It sold like hotcakes. The beaches were mostly topless in Australia at the time but the girls liked to cover up their bottoms just a bit like this suit did and it also kept the sand out.

We worked hard all day and then we partied hard all night too. Every Wednesday night we had a music playing party at our house. People were invited to bring their guitars or whatever instrument they played over to our house and play for us and the other players. We usually had about fifty people show up. Some of them were outstanding musicians. The jam sessions we had were awesome. I always made some food to give people and I supplied a ton of booze and usually I had some pot to share. The only thing stopping us from having even more people over for the music is that we could not fit anymore in our space. I loved these nights.

On the weekends we would have parties at our house that sometimes got huge. One night we estimated that about five hundred people came through our house in just one night. The parties were a lot of fun. Sometimes we would go down to the beach and go skinny dipping together. One night we did that and when about thirty of us ran into the water all at once naked and laughing we jumped right into a thick patch of jellyfish. All of us started yelling and screaming in pain and ran out of the water in shock. We all raced back up to my house still naked and ran through the rest of the people still partying and we crammed into my shower where we started to piss on each other. We sent somebody out to try to find some ammonia while we pissed as much as we could. We were laughing and crying at the same time. We scrubbed each other off and after a while the pain was not so bad and one by one we got dressed again.

Of course most nights we had sex parties after the other parties. Sometimes it would just be one or two other people with us but sometimes it would more accurately be called an orgy. We were pretty loose to say the least. It caused us some panic one morning.

We were sitting around having breakfast and working at making the days bikini orders when one of our sexual contacts came over to announce that their doctor had found an STD. All of our contacts would need to take antibiotics we were told. We started to panic just a bit and started to list our contacts. In just a few minutes we had a list of contacts that was a couple of hundred people. We went to our doctor to get tested ourselves before we started to contact the other people. Luckily for us we both tested negative and a bit more investigation revealed that our informant was misinformed about the STD in the first place. It still was a good wake up for us. We immediately took better steps to make sure we played safer from then on. It probably saved my life because the AIDS epidemic was only a few years later and by then I only did totally safe sex.

I did a TV interview with the governor of the state of Queensland. Some people, including the governor herself, were complaining that all the naked people at the beach were encouraging and promoting illicit sex. I had the opinion that most people actually looked sexier in some clothing than they did naked so her argument was not accurate. We ended up having a debate on air over whether people looked sexier naked or with bathing suits on, even small suits like I sold. I brought along some photos of naked girls and the same girls with some of my little bikinis on. The girls clearly looked sexier with the suits on and I pretty much won the argument. But it was fun to debate the issue on air. The phone lines lit up over the debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment