Friday, June 11, 2010

Wisconsin





We decided to hang out around Wisconsin for a little while before going traveling again. We ended up living in Janesville with my Grandmother. I loved Granny, she was a character. She had a photographic memory for anything related to baseball especially the Cubs. You could name any player and she could tell you everything on his baseball card off the top of her head and she didn't have a single baseball card, she just knew it all. I tried quizzing her when I bought some baseball cards and she was good at it. She was very outspoken and said her mind on anything without hesitation. We spent many hours talking about things. She believed that men should be men and women should take care of them. She told us that the world started to go downhill when women were allowed to vote and wear pants. I tried to debate her on that but she was adamant in her beliefs. She was also extremely tolerant and accepting of differing opinions others might have or different choices people made. She did not fault me for trying to defend women's rights from a different standpoint than she held. She said it is ok to hold opposing viewpoints. It doesn't make either position right or wrong just different is all. I enjoyed debating her even though we butted heads on almost every topic. She knew her world news better than most people I knew.

Finding work in Janesville proved to be impossible for us. Janesville is a place were nepotism and who knows who rules. Resumes mean nothing there. Skills mean nothing. Only who you know or who you are or who you are related to will get you a job. We spent a few months there. I wanted to have at least a month of Wisconsin summer so that I could do some fishing and stuff.

Sue and I made some friends there. We were still having threesomes and swapping with some local couples we met. Then we decided to get married so that Sue could get a work permit. We went down to city hall and just got a license and got married with a couple of our swinger friends as witnesses.

I briefly thought about opening a Mexican restaurant in Janesville but I could not find anybody willing to help me financially with it. I know I could have started a popular place but I gave up quickly when I added up the startup costs.

We met a girl at a Rock Aquajays water ski show that we ended up having a lot of fun with. She was kind of crazy fun and she was very sexually oriented with a great body and fun spirit. We hung out with her and her various boyfriends a lot and had some wild times together.

We started to make some bikinis in Janesville to supplement our dwindling bank account. Selling the bikinis in Janesville was entirely different than selling them in Australia. American girls had some pretty strange self image problems and hangups that just drove me nuts. One day a girl asked me to design her suit with a little flap to cover up a freckle on the side of her hip. I almost punched her she sounded so stupid with her ridiculous vanity over a freckle. She was not alone with weird requests like that. The Australian girls were all fit and most American girls were flabby by comparison. American girls were always talking about their diets and how much they worked out but they didn't come close to being as fit and trim as the Ausies were who never even thought about a diet. I gave up on trying to sell my bikinis to the American girls because I was starting to think they were all just stupid idiots and I did not want to give up on girls.

We went boating one day in Janesville with some friends of ours. We skied a bit and drank some wine. A couple of the girls went topless at a remote stretch of the river to get some sun. Within five minutes of the event I think everybody in a hundred mile radius knew that Sue had gone topless. I could not believe the crap I heard from people over the fifteen minutes of topless sunning. The people kept talking about it for weeks. I decided to just get the hell out of this narrow minded backwater town. Sue and I packed up and headed to California.

When we left my gramma's house we could not find anybody else willing to live with her. About a week after we left she had a stroke and fell down the stairs and landed on the concrete basement floor. She was not rescued for about a day. She never recovered. She spent the next fifteen years or so living in her own head. She was non responsive and unable to talk. She had to be fed and cared for completely. I tried to visit her but I could not take seeing her like that. She had a condition that made her talk almost nonstop but she did not know what was coming out of her mouth. It was just like talking diarrhea of the mouth. It was very sad to see such a vibrant person fall to this level of life. I feel like if we had stayed there and if we could have helped her quicker she would not have ended up so bad off. Such is life. I do not ever want to be kept alive like she was. I have done my medical directives and stuff and think everybody should do it now while you are still able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment